[Framers] Perpetual Newbie Question #1

louisek at mchsi.com louisek at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 7 22:22:59 PDT 2018

Hi Dennis,

When I have missing fonts, I first do a search and replace with the Find Dialogue box. I check each occurrence and replace as appropriate with a font that's commonly used in the file (or you may need to get the font from your source, if it's truly needed). You generally don't want to do a global change to a para or char tag unless you're positive it will be ok, because it could wipe out a desired customization. You might need to use the char designer instead of the para designer to catch the missing font. I've found missing fonts only in the spaces between words at times. Save the file, close and reopen.

If I still get the missing font message, I generate a List of References > Fonts. The missing fonts are in the list and you can ctrl-click (or just click? I don't have Frame loaded currently) on the hyperlink. You'll land right on the missing font (have the char dialog box open) on the body page. If it's not there, then I check for it on the master and reference pages with the search and replace. Save, close and reopen.

If I still get the missing fonts message at this point, I'm sure it's an unused format or in a graphic, like Fred described below, and I know it's safe to do the fix he describes to get rid of the message.

Kind of anal, but better safe than sorry.

Louise

Louise Kaufman1502 Meadowbrook Drive
Mason City, IA 50401
641.424.2138