[Framers] Frame2017 slow on network??

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:17:09 PDT 2018

Yes, but it's likely two factors.

First, if you're working in a book and the component files have imported by
ref graphics, you're talking hundreds of files coming from the net to your
box.

Second, unless your company is atypical, each one of those files is
virus-checked both ways, as it comes on to your box from the net and leaves
your box to the server.

This adds up to a heavy network load. The server, the network, your NIC,
and the PC all have to be up to the task.

Best fix is to work locally and use the server for backup. Subversion or
source control is great. However, I don't have that option, so I store on
my local Dropbox folder (so I have my own cloud backup) and use Microsoft
SyncToy to sync up with the server a couple times a day.

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358