[Framers] Save As PDF doesn't work first time

Tom Beiswenger tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com
Thu Aug 23 05:54:45 PDT 2018

This is an odd one, but might be related to running FM 12 in a Windows 10 environment.

When I open an FM book for the first time and then try to save it as PDF, FM goes non-responsive (normal) and the little rotating Adobe icon appears at the lower right hand toolbar (not normal). A "phantom" pdf document eventually appears, but so does a message, "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found."

Distiller also appears in my quick start toolbar, but when I open Distiller, the file shown is empty.

I then close the phantom pdf document, go back to the FM book and run Save as PDF again. This time it works as expected: FM goes non-responsive, Distiller opens (eventually) and a progress bar appears with Distiller until the document is fully generated. The document -- real one this time -- appears and all is good.

I'm starting to get used to this new behavior, but sure would like to know if there is a fix for this annoyance.