[Framers] FrameMaker 2017 not launching after reboot following Win 10 update 1709

Weckman Mari Mari.Weckman at almamedia.fi
Mon Jan 15 01:01:08 PST 2018

Hi!

anyone here happening to know is there is a bug in Windows 10 update 1709 that affects FrameMaker?

my system is Windows 10 64-bit and FrameMaker is 32-bit 2017 version update 2.

after installing Windows 10 update 1709 FrameMaker continued to launch normally until reboot.

now FrameMaker doesn't launch when I use my own Windows profile but when my colleagues log on to my computer FrameMaker launches so somehow it all is related to the user profile.

IT help deleted my Windows user profile and made me a new one and that helped but only until next reboot.
Updating FrameMaker 2017 to version 3 doesn't help.
There also seems to be a problem with rollback to a previous version of Windows, system restore point is not found.

after doing some research I found out that not all FrameMaker users have problems with Windows 10 update 1709.
for example some of my colleagues have managed to use FrameMaker successfully after they had IT help make them a new Windows profile.

any idea what possibly could be wrong?

thanks in advance,

Mari Weckman
Editing assistant