[Framers] Getting rid of missing fonts

Catherine Forrest catherine.forrest at ymail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:16:44 PST 2018

I'm trying to do something that is seemingly simple...use the Remember Missing Font Names preference to get rid of missing font messages.
Here's what I've done:
   - Launch Framemaker.
   - Select File > Preferences > General.
   - Deselect Remember Missing Font Names.
   - Open, save, and close the affected file.
The next time I open the file, the messages should be gone. However, the same missing font message is displayed.
In the MIF file, I don't find any mention of the missing font. The List of Fonts in one file doesn't list the font at all. And searching for the font doesn't help.
What am I doing wrong? I know this is a perennial issue in FrameMaker.
Catherine