[Framers] Simplified Chinese and Latin Quotation Marks

grant at hedgewizard.net grant at hedgewizard.net
Thu Jan 25 13:08:35 PST 2018

   Hi Rick;

   It's been a while, but I as I recall, the only way I found was to do a
   S&R for these characters.  That was back in FM7 or so, so things may
   have changed.

   Grant

     On January 25, 2018 at 1:18 PM Rick Quatro wrote:
     Hi Framers,
     I have a structured FrameMaker 2017 document that has been
     translated to Simplified Chinese. Some of the cross-reference
     formats have double quotes in them, like
     See “<$paratext>” on page <$pagenum>.
     The text has been translated but the quotes and building blocks are
     still there. The problem is that with the Chinese there are
     sometimes line breaks after the open quote and before the close
     quote, depending on where the cross-reference falls on the line. For
     example, the close quote in the text below is on the second line by
     itself instead of bring the whole quoted text down with it.
     燃油加注口盖。请参见第 97 页的 “ 燃油加注
     ”
     The same thing happens if an open quote falls as the end of the
     line; it stays there and the rest of the quoted text moves to the
     next line. Is there a way to prevent these line breaks? Thank you
     very much.
     Rick
     Rick Quatro
     Carmen Publishing Inc.