[Framers] Framers Digest, Vol 148, Issue 10

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Wed Jul 25 14:49:39 PDT 2018

Are you defining the formatting directly in the EDD or calling out to
paragraph styles?
Can you send the EDD for review?

David Creamer
IDEAS Training

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:22:27 -0600
From: Nicole Rader <nicole.raderstark at gmail.com>
Subject: [Framers] Need help with List Formats in Structured

I am updating a file to Structured FrameMaker and ran into a problem with
the list formats. I have many instances where lists have multiple levels.

For example:
a. Level 1
  1). Level 2
     (a) Level 3

I am having difficulties with the lists not resetting.

What I want:
a. Text
  1. Text
  2. Text
b. Text
  1. Text

What I am getting:
a. Text
   1. Text
   2. Text
b. Text
   3. Text

I am sure I have something wrong in my EDD, but cannot figure it out. Below
is my EDD text format rules for my lists.

Let me know if you need more info to help me solve.

My structure is set to PARA0 (ListType "Numbered") < Step1 < Para. Above is
the format rules for the Para element specifically.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole