[Framers] DTD Question

Nicole Rader nicole.raderstark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:57:03 PDT 2018

I appreciate the response Roger.

I am still having issues with my DTD. I am trying to figure out if it is
the DTD that is corrupted or user error. If the attachments come through,
please see 001 EDD, this is an image of the EDD I wrote for the project
that I am working on. However, after I wrote this, I was given the DTD to
use, but the elements are labeled different from mine so now I need to
change mine. The image marked 002 EDD is the EDD created from the steps you
supplied above and livedtd.css is the text file containing the copied
information from the .html file.

When I copy the information from the .html file and create an EDD, it does
not include any formatting information. I made sure to include the CHAPTER
element in each image for reference. I believe that the formatting
information is included in different files within the live dtd folder that
I have. See the jpeg labeled folder for reference. This is the entire DTD
file structure I was given, minus the Chapter Template, 001 EDD, and 002
EDD, which are my additions.

This one has me stumped. I have a good EDD that works and the customer
wants the SGML to work with the given DTD. Is there a way to update the DTD
of theirs to include my paragraph tag selections for formatting, which are
defined in the Chapter Template file? If so, can I create a new structured
application that includes this DTD, the EDD created from it, and my
template to create a book for all the chapters and front matter of this
manual?

Please let me know if you don't have enough information from me, and I will
try to accommodate in order to get this done. The customer is looking for
something to show them by the end of July.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicole