[Framers] FrameMaker to MadCap Flare not going well

M Lee marthaleenc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:19:19 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I've been tasked with taking our 3,000 pages of FrameMaker docs to MadCap
Flare for HTML output. I haven't had much luck with the process. I took a
training course, but it was mostly about how Flare is laid out and how to
do basic tasks in Flare. The FrameMaker to Flare conversion was only a few
pages in the course.

When I did the import, I mapped the FrameMaker styles to Flare styles, but
I can't find any p styles I created except one. And one of my headings has
a left margin indent that I don't want, but I can't find the setting to
change it.

I want to create a table with an image in one cell and the text in the
other. I can't find any info on how to do this.

These are just a few of the problems I have been grappling with for the
past few weeks. Any recommendations on how to learn this program? At this
point, I am so not getting it!

Thanks.

Martha Lee