[Framers] Final note about Adobe Licensing

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Jun 26 21:59:30 PDT 2018

I don't think the issue in this conversation is about Adobe abandoning
FM, but that the corporate model Adobe chooses to use has effectively
driven a lot of us old timers out the door, into the arms of its
competitors. Yes, there have been a bunch of new features and added
support for functions that required external plug-in support previously,
but the interface is actually quite hard for me to navigate now,
especially now that so many keyboard commands have disappeared or changed.

For me, my last favourite version was 7.2 on the Mac (which I still have
running by the way, on a G5 tower). Sure it lacked all the fancy
mod-cons of later versions but I could run that application for months
at a time (without shutting down the computer or program) without issue.
Can't say the same for the current version, I'm afraid. And as I said
earlier, part of the reason was being locked out of the application due
to licensing problems.

Version 5.5.2 on Linux was fun while it lasted. Of course, one does miss
the hominess of Frame Corp, but that was a long time ago now.

Alan

--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte