[Framers] My Structured App Not Showing

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 09:39:49 PDT 2018

cuctu,

That difference in the number of structured apps you are seeing may be due to the fact that there are two locations that store the stuctured app information. One is the  for the local user.  The path depends on the version of FM. On one of my installations (an FM13 installation)  that path is:

C:\Users\Craig2\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\13\structapps.fm

The more general structapps.fm is at:

C:\Programs(x86)\AdobeFrameMaker2015\Structure\structapps.fm

As I recall the one that is read on startup (at least around FM10) was the general one. I think they fixed this in later versions so that it always reads and writes to the local copy by default.

Also as Rick mentioned, after you add and structured app to structapps.fm you have to read the file in again for it to take effect.

Craig

From: Framers <framers-bounces+craigede=hotmail.com at lists.frameusers.com> on behalf of cuc tu <cuc2u at hotmail.com>
Subject: [Framers] My Structured App Not Showing

Hi All,

I'm trying to set a simple structured app so I can read in xml and apply formatting, somewhere I am missing something as I only see two dita and one xdocbook apps available. A few times I've seen a whole list of about 20 and cannot figure out where is the problem.