[Framers] Structured Index help

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:28:08 PST 2018

Hi Scott
In structured documents you would usually use a structured marker element (indexterm in DITA; in other schemas it may be called something else). This element would be defined as a marker element type. The marker syntax is the same.
You generate the index in the same way as in unstructured documents, except that you specifically choose the structure element ( indexterm or whatever) to do so. The index document itself is usually not a structured document, though some schemas might choose to make it one - there is little benefit in doing so, but a purist might want to do so.
You could also use a hybrid approach in simply adding unstructured markers to your structured document, but in my view that should be frowned upon.
Hope that helps.

Roger

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​