[Framers] Best practices for multiple users

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Mar 23 12:40:59 PDT 2018

Hi Cheryl,

When you insert a cross-reference, you have to have the other document open.
FrameMaker inserts a Cross-Ref marker into the target document and so you
have to be able to save that document to preserve the marker. One approach
would be to add some kind of text at each location where you want to have a
cross-reference. You could tag it with a special character or condition
format to make it easy to find later. Then at a designated time, when no one
else is using the other files, you could go through and replace the text
with real cross-references. Please let me know if you have any questions or
comments.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.