[Framers] Image settings in ePub publishing settings

Harding, Dan dharding at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 29 12:56:01 PDT 2018

Good afternoon,

I'm venturing into publishing to epub and responsive HTML from unstructured Frame 2017. Dealing with the former at the moment.

The files in question are a b&w print publication, and historically we have just provided PDFs as a digital alternative.

Overall, the process isn't too bad in terms of what comes out the hind end of FrameMaker, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get Frame to export images for epub that aren't pixelated. The source images are all 600dpi grayscale TIFFs, so the source images are high resolution.

I've gone through the Frame manual and tried every combination in the "Image Settings" tab to no avail. I've tried both 8-bit GIF and 24-bit PNG. I've set the max dimensions to insane numbers, setting the width and height both to 0pt, trying different scaling percentages... no luck.

What am I missing? How do I get decent quality images in the epub?

Thanks in advance.

-Dan