[Framers] Putting Text in a gray box? - Can it be a para tag?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Thu May 10 09:05:10 PDT 2018

   My setup doesn't have any one-cell or one-page restrictions, and
   enables easy copy/paste of the code from the generated PDF.
   (I read the other replies, and actually am unclear as to whether a
   solution has already been provided. Sorry if this is redundant info.)
   I've used a combo of table style and para styles. The table style's
   "Basic" settings are for the cell margins, spacing, etc. And although I
   haven't put outside borders, the table's rulings properties provide
   this via the "Heading and Footing Ruling" and "Outside Ruling"
   settings. The table's shading properties are where I define the gray
   shadings.
   The first row is designated as a heading row, and I've used a "table
   heading code" para style to include a variable for the "continued"
   variable -- in my case, I'm using the built-in "Table Sheet" variable.
   Then the remaining table rows are each of "table code lines" para
   style, which is where I've defined the code font (I'm using Consolas 9
   pt), and other para styles.
   I actually have three table styles for code listings to cover the three
   possible indentation levels: "Code Listing" for alignment with body
   text (well, all the code tables are slightly indented via the table's
   Left setting for Indents & Spacing), "Code Listing 2" for
   alignment/slight-offset under a bullet or first-level procedure
   step/numbered list, and "Code Listing 3" for the next level. The "2"
   and "3" table styles are identical to the "regular" table, except for
   the left indent.
   HTH,
   -Monique