[Framers] FrameMaker Data in Footer

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Tue May 15 08:33:21 PDT 2018

I've set up LEPs a couple of times in unstructured FrameMaker. Getting
an auto-generated LEP is "tricky", but possible. Try setting up a Flow B
Body text frame to contain your revision and date information. These
will usually be the same across all pages (at least to start), but you
will need the ability to change these on a per-page basis. Tag each of
these with a paragraph format that you can use to build the LEP.

One trick ... because the revision and date values are (probably)
initially identical, set these in a paragraph autonumber format. That
will let you populate the initial values (relatively) easily, and
override the para format when the revision/date values change for a
particular page.

Tricky, but possible. HTH!

-Alan

--