[Framers] Lack of implementation in ESK for graphic objects

Klaus Daube klaus at daube.ch
Wed Nov 7 02:12:54 PST 2018

Dear all,

After extensive experiments to draw a polyline with ESTK (see
https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/fm2018/discussion/250/fm-graphics-with-extendscrip
t) I took the liberty to file 2 bugs:
https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-5568 - ESTK Lack of implementation for
various graphic objects (with detailed description in the attached pdf there)
https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-5569 - ESTK Function PolyLine does not work
at all  (with detailed description in the attached pdf there)
May I ask you to vote on these bug reports - even if you do not plan to make
elaborate grphics with FM (as do quite often).

The tough thing about these: this all is true since FM-10 (and for the Object Styles
since FM-11).

I'm working on a document describing the graphic functions available in ExtendScript
and started with the simple Line, which works (although I doto not have a clue yet
how to use the dash pattern and have not tried the arrow stuff yet). With PolyLine i
run into problems ...
Behind my back is a project to create scales (see
https://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker09.html) with ExtendScript and the current work is a
preparation for this.
Klaus Daube             Phone:  +41-44-381 37 77
Schäracher 11           Mail:   klaus at daube.ch
CH-8053 Zürich          Web:    www.daube.ch