[Framers] FM 11 / FM 14 compatibility property names for the various binary doc types that start with

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Nov 30 09:54:04 PST 2018

When you use values like these in your script:

Constants.FV_SaveFmtBinary

they actually represent numbers. If you download and install the latest
FrameMaker FDK (free, but not sure the URL), you can see a list of these
constants in the include/fapidefs.h file. Somewhere around line 940 or so
you will see a list of these; here are a few of the entries:

#define FV_SaveFmtBinary100			21
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange100	22
#define FV_SaveFmtBinary110			23
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange110	24
#define FV_SaveFmtBinary120			25
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange120	26
#define FV_SaveFmtBinary130			27
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange130	28
#define FV_SaveFmtBinary140			29
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange140	30
#define FV_SaveFmtBinary150			31
#define FV_SaveFmtInterchange150	32

You can use the raw numbers in your script, but the human-readable constants
are better. Of course after FrameMaker 12, the internal version numbers
don't match the marketing version numbers.

FrameMaker 2015 = 130 (in other areas 13)
FrameMaker 2017 = 140 (in other areas 14)
FrameMaker 2019 = 150 (in other areas 15)

Rick