[Framers] Advice on slimming down a guide; customized guides per customer??

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:34:14 PDT 2018

So long as you set up a system and stick to it, managing down to the
sentence level is possible. I've done it down to pluralizing words with far
more complicated needs than simply marking something for a particular
customer.

In any case, she's not asking for advice on alternate tools, she's asking
how to use FrameMaker to accomplish a task.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 3:16 PM Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>
wrote:

> Managing lots of conditions can get pretty gnarly at the paragraph level.
>
> Flare makes that kind of thing much easier.
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM Caroline Tabach
> <caroline.tabach at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That sounds good.
> >

> > Caroline Tabach
> >
> > בתאריך יום ד׳, 10 באוק׳ 2018, 19:19, מאת Lin Sims ‏<ljsims.ml at gmail.com
> >:
> >
> > > As a thought, you could use put all the "boxes" into a chapter
> (family) and
> > > control its appearance with conditions by marking the text for that
> "box"
> > > with a condition named for the customer. Then all you have to do when
> you
> > > create a book for a customer is set the Show Conditions to that
> customer's
> > > name and regenerate. That's actually probably the simplest solution,
> and
> > > FrameMaker is capable of handling dozens of
> conditions.tadmin at frameusers.com

Lin Sims