[Framers] Switching from InDesign to FM 11

john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com
Fri Oct 26 11:30:46 PDT 2018

Hi guys.... all below is cool, but let's not forget the primary concern. Whatever the factors, it doesn't matter. The only thing that's important is, handing the application to a person, how much work is required to get that person to deliver output. Everything else is background noise.

You will only know that by a hands-on effort.

From a trainer's viewpoint, I'd want to know the kind of documents the person had created in InDesign, and how they were created. If the writer created the bulk of the authoring with something like Word, then imported, placed, or pasted the content into ID, for layout and design, then it would be helpful to know the writer's approach in Word. From a writer's viewpoint, IMO, FM works more like Word than ID, so many Word work habits - good ones, and bad ones - are transferable.
Was the original authoring done with or without attention to systematic use of named styles or formats? Did they use named styles in ID, or ad-hoc?

HTH

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 9:06 AM <john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com> wrote:

> Give him a small document/project, ask him to produce a deliverable,
> and what he needs help with tells you what you need to know.

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This E-mail is confidential.

It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy,
forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by
return E-mail.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or virus-free.
The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.