[Framers] Learning Structure and Prefix (and more)

cuc tu cuc2u at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:01:06 PDT 2018

Howdy Framers,

I'm still trying to get heading paragraphs inserted by my EDD when opening xml content. I guess I must ask if this is even possible with the xml example below? For example, the XML description elements need to have a heading run-in para with the heading text inserted.

<spa>
<spa_model>Model 1</spa_model>
<desc1>Spa description1</desc1>
<desc2>Spa description2</desc2>
<desc3>Spa description3</desc3>
</spa>

Formatted should look like:

Model 1
Heading1: Spa description1
Heading2: Spa description2
Heading3: Spa description3

After reading: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/315301 , it seems to not be possible (the engineers will be displeased), but then I got the idea to use autoinsertions. I created a para element and that is referenced as a child insert in each description element.

It does not work when opening the XML file, but it works fine if I manually add the elements and content from Frame. I did not test that on all the other approaches I tried since I am not able to edit the xml files, but at least I got to see some things I tried may actually be correct.

I tried a myriad of different prefixs, such as in the spa element, defining a prefix with the description elements as the context. The context rules work for formatting, but I could not get the prefix to show. I tried it in the para element, and as noted before in the description elements. I can get the prefix and formatted the way I want, but the description content is always part of the same paragraph, so it's just an in-line text insert.

As far as structure, if the above is not possible, Would it make sense to just tell the engineers to wrap the description text in another para element? With that, I get the prefixes the way I want by adding them to the description elements.

Thanks
C2