[Framers] alternatives to VirtualBox in Windows

Frank Stearns franks at pacifier.com
Mon Sep 10 16:10:41 PDT 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, Robert Lauriston wrote:

> Windows has its own virtual PC system. In Windows 7 it's Windows
> Virtual PC, which has to be installed. In Windows 10 it's Hyper-V,
> which is built in.

I don't remember the issues now, but at least in Win 7 for my needs at
the time there were some show-stoppers with the built-in virtual
system from Microsoft. In contrast, Virtualbox simply installed and
ran, no fuss, no muss, with just the right set of user controls and
operating options.

The built-in "Hyper-V" might be worth a try under Win10, but to be
honest, I don't entirely trust MS. Remember, they're the ones who
through their OS issues for Framers effectively started this
conversation in the first place! YMMV.

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FrameMaker 10-15 HERE! ***
franks at fsatools.com  1-435-275-8981  fsatools.com