[Framers] Print to PDF w/ FM12 and Windows 10

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:11:11 PDT 2018

FYI, I'm unsure if this is actually a FrameMaker problem or a problem with
how Visio saves out to SVG or a problem with the Windows 10 OS.

Our workflow is:

1. Paste a JPG into Visio
2. Add some text
3. Save the result out to SVG
4. Import into FrameMaker
5. Save as PDF (or Print with Adobe PDF as the printer)

If we do this on a Windows 7 machine, there's no issue.
If we do this on a Windows 10 machine, Frame locks up and no PDf is
created. Sometimes a .tps is created, sometimes not.

I've an ongoing discussion with someone at Adobe. There was a gap of a few
days, but I just sent them a Visio file and the generated SVG for them to
test with. Guaranteed failure, so maybe it'll help them figure out what's
going on.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM <tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com> wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> Tammy Van Boening
> Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
> www.spectrumwritingllc.com

Lin Sims