[Framers] FrameMaker 12 > FrameMaker 2019 release file issue

Harrington, Matthew (Contractor) Matt.Harrington.Contractor at usap.gov
Tue Apr 23 11:28:51 PDT 2019

Hi Framers,

A quick question if I may. I am on Adobe FrameMaker 12 and a new colleague was recently given a laptop with Adobe FrameMaker 2019 release on it. However, when I try to open his FrameMaker files on my FrameMaker 12 I receive the following error.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4F9D0.1B160A10]

Conversely, he has the same issue when trying to update the book since all of the files were created with FrameMaker 12.

Are Adobe FrameMaker 12 and the Adobe FrameMaker 2019 release that incompatible? In other versions I have worked with (e.g., 7.0 > 9.0) I don't remember encountering this problem.

Thank you,
Matt H.