[Framers] Source versus Target - a problem in FM documentation

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Thu Aug 1 08:24:38 PDT 2019

Klaus,
    I have been bothered for many years about FM's use of the word
"source" to describe the target of a link. A couple of years ago, I
figured out that the target of the link (and a cross-reference is a
link) is the source of the text that FM displays for the
cross-reference. I found this simple recognition that the marker,
paragraph,h or element selected in the cross-reference dialog box is
both a target and a source surprisingly helpful in reading and
understanding FM's Cross-reference documentation.
     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.