[Framers] News about the FrameMaker history

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 13:53:22 PDT 2019

You can still use the keyboard shortcuts, and the new features often have
both Windows and Esc shortcuts added.

Of course, occasionally they'll add a new feature and break a shortcut, but
they're fairly responsive to bug reports. Recently the Row Format: Esc+tr,
broke; I doubt if the update this week will have it fixed since I just
reported it, but I have high hopes for the next one.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 4:18 PM Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz>
wrote:

> I know right?
>
> That was the implied point.
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Dr Alan Litchfield
> AlphaByte
> PO Box 1941
> Auckland, New Zealand 1140
>
> On 20/08/19 08:11, Robert Lauriston wrote:
> > How do you figure that? FrameMaker has never caught on among graphic
> > designers. They used Pagemaker, then Quark, then (and now) InDesign.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:51 AM Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> If it were not that FM had diverged from the familiar and functional
> >> publishing system to a graphic designer tool, I would probably still be
> >> using it.
> > Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com

Lin Sims