[Framers] Table Continuation variable issue in Structured FrameMaker

Andy Lewis andylewis0 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 04:30:16 PDT 2019

Hi Framers,

Hope you can help me out here.

I am using Structured FrameMaker 2019 32-bit version 15.0.0.393 on Windows
10 Enterprise Evaluation edition.

In my EDD, I have a system variable element called TableContinuation
defined as follows:

*Element (System Variable): TableContinuation*

*System variable format rule*

*1.       In all contexts.*

*Use system variable: Table Continuation*

 To be valid, my structure requires the TableContinuation element to be
inserted in the TableTitle element, as shown here:

*Element (Table Title): TableTitle*

*General rule:      (<TEXT> | ph | Xref)*, TableContinuation*

For several years everything has been working as designed. Now, suddenly,
inserting the TableContinuation element causes the Filename (Long) variable
to be inserted within the TableTitle element instead of the Table
Continuation variable.

I have searched high and low but cannot find what is causing this behavior.
I notice that inserting the DefaultSystemVariable element in my EDD
produces this result:

*Use default system variable: Filename (Long)*

I see no way of changing this setting (although it has always been
configured thus and never been problematic until now).

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this behaviour?

Thanking you for you time,
Andy Lewis