[Framers] News about the FrameMaker history

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 05:43:37 PDT 2019

Oooo! I like the back command. I shall add it. Thank you!

Yes, I edited cmds.cfg to disable the rotate table cell text shortcut. I
haven't been able to think of a better sequence, but it's not like I use it
often enough to worry about a shortcut. The table row format command,
though, I use multiple times a week.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 8:36 AM Shmuel <shmuelw1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can always edit cmds.cfg and change the KeySequence to something else.
> It's located at:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\fminit\configui
> depending on your FM version.
>
> For example, this adds Esc b,b for the Back command:
>
> <Command GotoPreviousView         Use after hypertext or Xref jump
>    <Label Go Back>
>    <KeySequence \!vP>
>    <KeySequence \!bb>
>    <Definition \xEF0>>
>
> --
> Shmuel Wolfson
> Technical Writer
> 058-763-7133
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 1:11 PM Klaus Daube <klaus at daube.ch> wrote:
>
> > On 19 Aug 2019 at 16:53, Lin Sims wrote:
> >
> > > Recently the Row Format: Esc+tr, broke; I doubt if the update this week
> > will
> > > have it fixed since I just reported it, but I have high hopes for the
> > next
> > > one.
> >
> > The problem is this: As soon as a longer sequence is defined, the shorter
> > does not
> > work any more. In cmds.cfg the following is defined:
> >
> > <KeySequence \!trc>   for <Command TableRotateCellContent
> > Ths ruins the definition for <Command TableRowFormat
> >    <Label Row Format...>
> >    <KeySequence \!tr>
> >    <Definition \xF85>>
> >
> > Conflicts like this can not easily be entangled:
> > Changing \!trc to \!tcr (Table Cell Rotate) is not possible, because this
> > is already
> > used for <Command AddColumnsToRight <Label Add Columns To Right>
> > <KeySequence \!tcr>
> > <Definition \xF95>>

Lin Sims