[Framers] Current state of CHM in Windows 10

TW Smith techwordsmith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 07:34:22 PST 2019

Hey,

It's been over a decade since I last worked on online help. I used to like
CHM because it was one file. However, even 10 years ago, CHM had fallen out
of favor -- I think because of security risks.

Back then, this was the approach to fixing it.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1961503-solved-windows-10-chm-help-files-showing-up-blank

The real problem is that your audience has to implement the fix, however.
You can't be sure that your end user will take this step.

Cheers,

Sean