[Framers] Condition expression for conditional text

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 08:38:23 PST 2019

Things are getting complicated.

I'm currently editing a chapter that is common to four books.  The books
are 40, 41, 42, and 44.  Some content isn't applicable to book 44, so I've
set up a condition tag named "Not 44".

The problematic content sections use the tags (Not 44+PDF) and (Not
44+HTML), since some content is PDF-only and other content is HTML only.
Needless to say, these bits of content are applicable to 40, 41, and 42
(but not 44).

Is using "Not 44" a bad condition?  I feel it must be because when I Show
As Per Expression it shows both the  (Not 44+PDF) and (Not 44+HTML)
sections, I assume because the expression says in include "Not 44"
content.  It's as if the parentheses don't mean anything.

Some content is unique to each book (4 condition possibilities)
Some is common to some books
Some is common to all books
Some is PDF
Some is HTML