[Framers] Brain dead on a Wednesday

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:02:08 PST 2019

I have multiple books sharing a set of chapters using the text-inset
functionality.  This set of shared FM files exist in their own folder,
separate from the book files.  All of the FMs, shared or not, populate
their footers using a variable that contains the book's name.

I'm feeling a bit brain-dead today so I can't recall the proper way that
the variable in the footer gets updated the next time I use that common set
with a different book.

I've already clicked Update Book but that didn't change the footer variable
in the text insets.  I know I can manually import variables from the book
into the text insets, but that means I'd have to do that every time I
change books.

Am I forgetting the proper way to do it, or is that it?

Thanks!

Doug