[Framers] Compatability with FM11 non-structured files

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:36:38 PST 2019

I think you'll have to talk to Adobe, and probably you'll need your IT
people to talk to Adobe. To my knowledge, there is no way to edit a
FrameMaker file without using the FrameMaker application. They're a binary
format, and there's no method of extracting even the text from them. Used
to be you could use FrameViewer to at least read them, but I believe that
product was discontinued around the time Adobe bought Frame Technology.

If you already have PDFs of the files and the Adobe Acrobat application
(not the Adobe Reader), you can export the documents to Word. You lose the
formatting information (everything is variations of 'Normal') but not the
appearance that you created.
--
Lin Sims