[Framers] Compatability with FM11 non-structured files

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:25:23 PST 2019

He's got Frame 11, sort of. If he could get that working again, he could
use Mif2Go to export the MIF files to a number of formats, including Word,
with all the styles intact.

Given the IT and AML compliance, though, I don't know if that'd be possible
for him.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM Peter Gold <peter at petergold.photography>
wrote:

> Looks like my earlier response got truncated. Apologies for any confusion.
>
> Would it be acceptable to install FM on a stand-alone machine, save as MIF,
> and export/convert to formats of apps the corporate network supports, then
> copy these outputs to the network? Or, have that work done by a service?
>
> If a non-subscription version of InDesign is used on the corporate network,
> a round-about approach could be to use the  DTP Tools - MIF Filter for
> Adobe InDesign <http://www.dtptools.com/product.asp?id=mfid> to convert
> MIF
> files InDesign. Within InDesign's own limits and abilities, the
> conversion retains
> most, FrameMaker text formatting features and specifications, and does its
> best to emulate page layouts.
>
> HTH
>

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:28 AM John Posada <jposada99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, guys...I have 5 years of FM files and my company doesn't like FM
> > installed on their network.
> >
> > Are there any other applications that can be installed and open native FM
> > 11 files and retain most of the FM functionality, especially the book
> > paradigm?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > John Posada