[Framers] Last Mile problem...

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 07:29:24 PST 2019

Trying to solve a "Last Mile" problem to get some doc into the right hands.

Company uses Agile for document control. To be officially released, a doc
needs to go through the approval process, which includes attaching a PDF to
the form(s).

Only people with the $14K license have access.

We're storing copies of the PDFs on an internal server and posting them to
a protected customer web site for distribution, but getting some pushback
from internal controls people that people downloading those posted copies
have no way of knowing if they are the latest&greatest official copies.

Has anyone figured out a way to link to a PDF within Agile from an external
source? Is it even possible?

And second question -- the company is thinking of switching to Windchill
for doc control. Would that simplify or eliminate the delivery problem at
all?

TIA

Art

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358