[Framers] Master pages mis-applied when saving to PDF?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Thu Jan 3 16:36:31 PST 2019

Colleagues,

In FrameMaker 2017 - Has anybody experienced FrameMaker changing master
pages when saving a book to PDF?

I have a structured document of several hundred pages, with automated
master pages based on paragraph formats. I do Format>Page Layout>Apply
Master Pages, and all master pages are correctly applied. I'm publishing
to PDF from a FrameMaker book.

On File>Save as PDF, FrameMaker applies ***different*** (and wrong)
master pages. The (single) FrameMaker chapter binary file is modified
with different master pages applied. I would not expect "Save as PDF" to
modify the FM binary file in any substantial way.

Is this a known issue? Or am I missing something? For what it's worth, I
don't see the problem in FrameMaker 2019.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.