[Framers] OT: Punctuation question

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Mon Jan 7 17:08:07 PST 2019

For comma placement, I'd pick #1, which matches the _Chicago Manual of
Style_, but I'd also suggest tightening the sentence and removing
passive voice. Result:

"The information displays across five tabs: Overview, Category, Locus,
Sequence, and Details."

I would note that the Chicago style is typically used by book
publishers, while AP style is used for newspapers. The latter omits
certain commas and words to make them fit better into short stories in
narrow columns. In any case, sometimes minor rewrites eliminate fights
over punctuation.

Mike Wickham