[Framers] OT: Punctuation question

Stephen Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 00:49:42 PST 2019

At 19:18 -0700 7/1/19, <tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com> wrote:

>I knew I would get a flurry of answers from the list, so thanks. I have what
>I need to make some substantiated edits.

Clearly I don't know the context of the surrounding text, but I think I'd favor some sort of list structure that introduces the information, then lists the tabs and gives brief details of the information displayed under each tab. Without more information I can't tell whether this would be appropriate, but if it is it would concentrate as much information in as small a space while being as unambiguous as possible.

Say...

'The tabs display the data as follows:

* Overview - (list of stuff under this tab)

* Category - (list of stuff under this tab)

* Locus - (list of stuff under this tab)

* Sequence - (list of stuff under this tab)

* Details - (list of stuff under this tab)'

But this might not be appropriate to the styles of your document.

Good luck, anyway - this is the sort of thing that makes editing enjoyable.

--
Steve