[Framers] Does Mif2Go work in Windows 10?

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue Jun 25 16:09:31 PDT 2019

Mif2Go will work through FM11 as provided in the standard distribution, and with FM12 with one file update - also available from the new location of the program.

And it works just fine on Windows 10 too.

Side notes:

FWIW, (along with a few other people) I have access to the Mif2Go sources and was looking to see if it could be updated to work with later versions of FM and to bring it into recent compiler technology (it was developed with Microsoft Visual Studio 6), but stopped when I stopped upgrading and using FM after version 12. Basically, due to Adobe's update pricing practices, I switched to LaTeX a while back and am completely happy with that decision (admittedly, for *my* documentation needs).

My own MIF-reader / translator project was also halted for the same reason - it worked well (to read MIF files) and I was starting to look at doing the translation to other formats but put it on the back-burner for now.

As a result, for the moment, I only have FM12 on my system to update older docs - but only if I don't have time (or the work is small enough) to bring it into LaTeX. That takes me a few days for my typical documents and is easily justified whenever I am making significant changes.