[Framers] Best Method, Word 2013 to Frame 2019.

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Mar 11 09:15:47 PDT 2019

If your Word docs are formatted to use 100% Normal style, then, your
only choice is to manually tag every paragraph in Frame. I find it
easiest to copy/paste from the Word doc rather than opening the Word
doc in Frame. That prevents all of Word's garbage from coming along
for the ride.

However, with tables, I will open an .rtf version of the Word doc in
Frame so as to capture the table and its contents. Then paste that
into my new Frame doc and use Rick Quatro's TableCleanerES tools to
strip the table of Word's stuff. (It isn't always 100% clean, but
you'll be nearer to where you need to be.) Then manually apply
Frame's table and character tags.

Graphics: There are many different ways to handle graphics.
Personally, I find the best way is to copy/paste out of Word and into
Adobe Illustrator. Then import the .ai file directly into an anchored
graphic frame in Frame.

Hope this helps.

Carol