[Framers] Limit on number of files in a book?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 05:38:43 PDT 2019

Update on this. I suggested that the writer try creating a new book file
and adding their document files to it to see what happened. They've
reported back that

I started by creating a new book, then added the chapters and generated a
> new ToC. When I switched to "Display heading text", I noticed that
> [drum-roll …] the file where the problems started kept on showing its
> filename.

Further testing showed that it was an issue with the document file, not the
book file. I believe the problem is now fixed. Thanks for the help!

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM Scott Prentice <sp14 at leximation.com> wrote:

> I'm guess it's just the state of the memory (not the RAM specifically),
> which can go "wonky" from time to time. If it persists after a FM
> restart (and possibly a system reboot), then it could be tied to the
> book specifically, or maybe just one of the files in the book if it's
> been opened. I'd check other long lists, like paragraph or character
> styles, to see if it's just a "thing" with lists in general and not
> really the book.
>
> Hard to know.
>
> ...scott
>

> On 3/20/19 10:09 AM, Lin Sims wrote:
> > Scott, you mean the user's RAM is bad, or that the book file is bad?
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Scott Prentice <sp14 at leximation.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> If there is a hard limit, it's way more than 68. I've seen books with
> >> hundreds of items, and way before FM12. It sounds like this is more
> >> likely a memory corruption issue and it's just become evident when
> >> interacting with a large scrolling list.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> ...scott

> >> scrolling

Lin Sims