[Framers] Best Practices for HTML Online help

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue May 14 07:43:23 PDT 2019

My company is developing a new browser-based software package that is
specced to include screen-level context sensitive help.

The coders haven't done this before and are asking for
help/assistance/advice on developing the coding standard for this and other
products going forward.

I'm thinking the basics are the basics -- a call in the program goes to a
mapping table that invokes the HTML help screen in a new tab/window or a
popup.

What I'm looking for feedback / ideas on are a good method to call Help
from the application (icon/keystroke/widget), and any Best Practices that
people are already using, either on the coding or information development
side.

Art

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358