[Framers] FM 2019: graphics losing DPI and scaling information upon import

Harding, Dan dharding at illinois.edu
Tue May 14 10:26:07 PDT 2019

Graphic import appears to work differently in FM2019 compared to FM2017. To me it appears to be broken.

If I import a TIF file by reference that is NOT one of the default resolution options, let's say a 600dpi TIFF:

1. Under FM 2017 it would read the resolution as 600dpi and the scaling percentage shown in the object properties would be correct, e.g., an 8-inch wide image displayed at 6 inches wide would be 75%.

2. Under FM 2019, it no longer shows the correct dpi resolution and the scaling percentage shown in object properties is WAY off even if the item visually displays properly on the page. For example, what shows up as 85% scale in FM2017 shows up as 10.39% under FM2019, using the same image.

This is incredibly annoying, as I know to resize images of a certain type and source to XX% and from a different type and source to YY%, and now that no longer works.

Suggestions?

-Dan