[Framers] [WTF ramemaker] Best Practices for HTML Online help

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue May 14 10:58:54 PDT 2019

Looks like having both FrameMaker and RoboHelp (i.e. Adobe Technical
Communication Suite) is essential for publishing context-sensitive
help.

RoboHelp can generate the map file from the TopicAlias markers:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/2017/robohtml/#t=book%2Frob_createhelp_ch%2FManaging_map_files-.htm%23TOC_Export_a_map_filebc-3&rhtocid=_10_2_1_2

FrameMaker multi-channel publishing requires you to maintain the map
file manually in a text editor, which is insane:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/WS2d2a17056e2191986533fc06144fd9afdc4-8000.html