[Framers] [WTF ramemaker] Best Practices for HTML Online help

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue May 14 12:13:51 PDT 2019

Sure, it's technically possible, but automatically generating the map
file is a basic feature of help authoring tools. Doing it manually in
a text editor invites human error.

The FrameMaker doc itself points to the RoboHelp "Information for
Developers" section. That's the correct way to write help calls in
applications.

The help  calls you described in
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2314670 are a kludge and I would
strongly recommend not doing that. At a previous job I had to rewrite
hundreds of help calls in the source code because developers used a
similar kludge, which by the time I took over the project a few years
later had resulted in many broken links.