[Framers] [WTF ramemaker] Best Practices for HTML Online help

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed May 15 12:50:32 PDT 2019

Given that you have RoboHelp:

If this will be distributed as online help only, I'd create the doc in RoboHelp.

If you'll be single-sourcing to both online help and PDF, I strongly
recommend putting the source in FrameMaker and linking to RoboHelp.
It's a big time-saver to be able to see and fix bad page breaks while
you're editing. I couldn't find any Adobe documentation on how to link
(rather than import), so I created a sample project and a doc
explaining it:

http://lauriston.com/fm10_link_to_rh9.zip

With a significant percentage of users on phones, Responsive HTML is
most likely the output type you want.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/2017/robohtml/#t=book%2Frob_layouts_la%2FGenerate_Responsive_HTML5_output-.htm