[Framers] Creating Mixed Page Size PDFs from FM 2019

Charles Richardson cer at matrixpress.com
Tue May 28 13:53:51 PDT 2019

I have a large document that I've managed for over 10 years, most recently
using FM12.  I've just upgraded to FM 15 (2019) and can no longer get the
PDF creation process to give both Letter and Tabloid pages-the PDF Tabloid
pages get cropped to Letter size.  This was never a problem with FM12.  I've
tried both Save As PDF and Publish PDF with identical results.  The
distiller configuration file settings are the same as with FM12, and the
default page size is set to Tabloid for those books that have both page
sizes.  I notice that there is a duplicate page size setting in the Publish
PDF Settings, but the fields are not accessible.  I've even tried setting
the virtual PDF printer with Tabloid as the default page size.  I'm now
wondering if what used to be the so-called "headless" Distiller was folded
into FM to create the Publish PDF function and that there is some part of
that that is not working as expected.

I've cross-posted this question on the Adobe FrameMaker forum but have had
no responses with solutions, or confirmation that others obtain the same
result.

Have any of you experienced this behavior?  Thanks for your help!

  _____

<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 	Scanned by McAfee
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient>  and confirmed virus-free.