[Framers] Initial table footnote that is itself a cross-reference to the footnote text

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:27:48 PDT 2019

I'm not sure there's a way to do that in FrameMaker itself, although I am
wondering if you could copy the marker information from the cross-reference
marker and then insert a marker at the original footnote with that
information in it. I don't know if that would work. If you try it and it
does work, let me know!

You can definitely add the link in the PDF, with the caveat that you'd have
to re-add it every time you create a PDF.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:11 AM <Barry.Meislin at nuvoton.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> In FM (all versions) I can create a table footnote (e.g., 1) and then add,
> separately (in a different place), a cross-reference to that footnote
> (i.e., to 1) such that, in FM and in the generated PDF, the cross-reference
> to that footnote will jump to the text (of footnote 1). In the generated
> PDF, a "link symbol" (i.e., pointing finger) indicates the link when the
> cursor is placed on the footnote number.
>
> However the original, i.e., initial footnote (i.e., 1), does NOT actually
> link to the footnote text below.  That is, the initial footnote does NOT
> act like a cross reference (and the initial footnote number in the PDF does
> not show a "link symbol"---pointing finger---when the cursor is placed on
> it).
>
> How can I make that initial footnote number behave like a cross reference?
> That is, act like a link in the PDF?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Barry Meislin
>

> ===========================================================================================
> The privileged confidential information contained in this email is
> intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender
> of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are
> not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly
> reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from
> your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly
> appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential
> information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this
> email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as
> neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.

Lin Sims