[Framers] Question About Revision History.

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 09:23:05 PST 2019

One of my former employers used it as a way to let readers know how
information had changed because the document was very long and very
technical (installing enterprise-level software). I'm not sure how much it
helped overall, but at least if, say, what was required of the customer to
have for hardware or already-installed software had changed, they had an
alert to pay extra attention to that. Or if how outside-party software had
to be configured to work with our software changed, they'd have an alert on
that, too.

We used change bars in the text itself, but that didn't tell customers HOW
things had changed, only that they had. The revision history told them how,
which told them what to pay attention to.

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 11:50 AM <ian.proudfoot at itp-x.co.uk> wrote:

> Rick,
> Revision history is often more of a regulatory requirement than a
> nice-to-have feature. If there are no external rules that say you must have
> it, then what purpose would it serve? Maybe just to show that the document
> does get updated from time-to-time?
>
> Ian Proudfoot

Lin Sims