[Framers] Question About Revision History.

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Tue Nov 26 09:27:01 PST 2019

I would have to take a different approach. I always include a build number/part number as part of my front matter for my User Guides, and it has helped tremendously in several key situations for some of my clients. Recently, a client related to me that one of their clients called to complain that the software wasn't working as described/did not have the functionality described properly and the first thing tech support did was ask them what version number of the guide that they were using. Turns out they were using the wrong version of the guide and after tech support directed to them the right version, all was OK.  If the guides had just the same title, but no other identifying information, this would have been solved much less quickly.

Just my two cents worth.

TVB