[Framers] Frame 2019 & Creative Cloud (Acrobat DC) order of install?

Jeff Coatsworth Jeff.Coatsworth at jonasclub.com
Mon Oct 28 05:05:39 PDT 2019

Acrobat first, then FM

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+jeff.coatsworth=jonasclub.com at lists.frameusers.com> On Behalf Of Lise Bible
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 2:32 PM
To: Post Framers <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: [Framers] Frame 2019 & Creative Cloud (Acrobat DC) order of install?

Framers,
I am getting a hard drive Monday, so all software will need to be reinstalled. I'm on Frame 2019 and Creative Cloud on Windows 10.

Last time I got a new hard drive I was on Frame 8 and Acrobat 9 and if I recall correctly, the recommendation was to install Frame before Acrobat; is this still the case with Frame 2019? Should I have Frame 2019 installed before Creative Cloud (including Acrobat DC), or does it matter?

My chat with Adobe was not super-helpful to me in this regard as the person with whom I was chatting thought that Frame 2019 was part of Creative Cloud and could be installed through the Creative Cloud app. Would be nice if that was the case, but alas, no.

My initial question to them was about needing to deactivate my current install of Frame before installing on a different hard drive, and they did inform me that I should sign out of my account on Frame before installing it on a new hard drive, so that part of the answer was helpful to me. My inquiry about order of install (in regards to Acrobat) was a follow-up question.

Thanks,
Lise
--
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.